Sunday, June 19, 2011

And here we go again...

....with more random thoughts on random movies...

Megan is Missing (2011) - documentary like movie about teenage girls kidnapped and most probably killed (in the end) by Internet "lovers". Some pretty disturbing images and also a very bleak image about a generation without purpose, ideals and any firm guidelines through the life.

The Little Fockers (2010) - definitely the worst of the series, but this does not spoil the pleasure of watching Robert de Niro, Dustin Hoffman (this time he is learning flamenco in Spain to become a sex magnet...LOL) and Barbra Streisand.

The Rite (2011) - when I watch such movies, I always find only one explanation. Actors like Anthony Hopkins do need their permanent pocket money. Even so he is doing his best as an exorcist priest, but also as a possessed priest. O_O

7 Khoon Maaf (2011) or Seven Murders Forgiven is a Hindi movie, which I dont know exactly whether I liked or not. Still it weirdly reminded me of fantastic realism and I guess this is its strong point in my opinion (other critics dismissed the movie exactly for this reason). It is definitely a brand new cinematic experience for Hindi cinema, one pleasant for the eye. Pryanka Chopra, in spite of her already schematic and branded talent, is growing as an actress and I congratulate her for choosing such a role.

Aetbaar (2004) - Oh boy... All I can say is that Bipasha looks much better 7 years later. At that time she was a doll without expression or rather with bad expreesions.

Anji (2004) - a Telugu movie which tells a similar story to Indiana Jones. Yes you are allowed to laugh. I did all the way, especially during the item songs. Involuntary humor. And I dont care it won National Film Award for Best Special Effects.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very good monika muuuuuuuuah cheers keep it up

Shakti_Shetty said...

will download "Megan is Missing" and "Rite" right away..

I didn't watch "The Little Fockers" despite De Niro-Hoffman combo..

Saat Khoon Maaf is by far Priyanka's finest movie, acting-wise. She looked promising...

Aetbaar *facepalms* glad you didn't bother to mention John's pathetic stupor performance! :D ...
I better overlook "Anji" though I've got a better Telugu recco for you - "Bommarillu" - was a decent one!

Thais said...

@Shakti Megan is Missing - I didnt like it, but I watched it as an experience. I usually am afraid of low budget, experimental movies. And LOL in regards to John's comment. Double LOL actually. WTH was in his mind? He is almost mesmerizing with the grossness of his acting.
Noted down Bommarilu for better days. :D